J.A.M.

J.A.M.
J.A.M. > Julia, Ava, and Matthias

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The best its ever looked!


Last week we listed our house on the market in preparation for our move to seminary. It was a very emotional thing for me especially but also for Chris and Julia. Seeing that sign in our yard, watching people slow down to look or park in our driveway to write down information is a mixture of emotions. Of course I want it sold... that's the end goal but it is really strange to think about strangers living in our home. But that is where I have to correct myself, it is not our home, its just a house and our home is wherever we are together as a family!

So the house is listed and we got a phone call that we had our first showing... great news! But we also had a 3rd birthday party to host as well as my parents in town. Turned out is couldn't have worked out better because no one cleans with more focus then my mom!! She scrubbed and shined my kitchen like it ever has before (kinda makes me not want to leave! Thanks doesn't even cover it MOM!) Chris worked very hard in the basement decluttering and making trips to Goodwill and Habitat Re-Store to purge our home and lives of unneeded things. I mopped, cleaned baseboards, window, doorframes and doors and just about every surface you can think of! We did some de-personalizing and left it ready for the first showing on Sunday while we were at church!
(oh and Dad "farmer fixed" a curtain rod that broke late on Saturday night, I was about to send Chris out for a new one! Thanks DAD!!) These pictures are taken just as we were leaving and as I titled this its the best its ever looked!


Living from the front door


Matthias' bedroom





Girls' room




Our bedroom



Kitchen from the hallway




So if you've never seen our house before here it is! And if you have seen it then you know just how clean and uncluttered it is!! Please pray that God would send just the right buyers to us so that we can head to St. Louis out from under the burden of this house we have loved for many years but are ready to bid farewell to as we embark on a big adventure next fall!











1 comment:

  1. SERIOUSLY!!! Great job!!! I would wonder if it was actually lived in! You amaze me...great job cleaning crew!

    ReplyDelete